DIPHTHERIA AND T.T. VACCINE
VACCINES AGAINST DIPHTHERIA, TETANUS TOXOID
SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA LTD
Tdap is a combination vaccine that protects against three potentially life-threatening bacterial diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough).
Td is a booster vaccine for tetanus and diphtheria. It does not protect against pertussis.
Some people should not get this vaccine
- A person who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a previous dose of any diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis containing vaccine, OR has a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, should not get Tdap vaccine. Tell the person giving the vaccine about any severe allergies.
- Anyone who had coma or long repeated seizures within 7 days after a childhood dose of DTP or DTaP, or a previous dose of Tdap, should not get Tdap, unless a cause other than the vaccine was found. They can still get Td.
- Talk to your doctor if you:
- have seizures or another nervous system problem,
- had severe pain or swelling after any vaccine containing diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis,
- ever had a condition called Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS),
- aren’t feeling well on the day the shot is scheduled.
Substitutes not found for DIPHTHERIA AND T.T. VACCINE