WRIST BRACE UNIVERSAL
- The ability to heat, form and custom fit the Brace to the patient’s extremity ensures a uniformly comfortable fit.
- Adjustable closure system provides for minute adjustments in circumferential compression of the Brace.
- Exos braces are radiolucent and do not need to be removed for x-ray imaging
- Does not contain latex
- Exos products are waterproof and allow patients to engage in a more active lifestyle that a standard cast or brace
- Open fully and slide on to extremity.
- Push the Boa® knob down and tighten closure until Brace is comfortably supportive
- Make sure not to get a kink in the cable while tightening
- Push down on the Boa knob to lock into place
- Adjust the Velcro thumb strap
- To open the brace lift up on the boa reel and pull both cables at once then slide off
- If bathing or swimming with the brace on make sure to loosen and rinse sufficiently to allow soap, cleaners, chlorine, salt water or bacteria to be washed away.
- The skin and inside of Brace must be dried
- The Brace should not be worn too tightly. Allow for some space between the Brace and the arm to avoid shear forces to the skin.
- If the patient is instructed not to loosen the Brace, they should also be advised not to get the Brace wet.
- Cleaning: Wash and dry with soap and warm water, rinse the Brace thoroughly.
- Using a hair dryer set on high volume and warm setting, blow air through both ends of the Brace and through air holes until the skin and inside of Brace is completely dry.